Pleasant climate and amazing backdrop are the identities of Nainital. This beautiful hill station attracts many vacationists throughout the year. Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo is one of several tourist spots in Nainital which offer a unique ambiance to its visitors.
Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo, Nainital was inaugurated in the year 1984 in the memory of a famous freedom fighter of the same name. This zoo is located at the height of 2,100 meters above the sea level. Thus, the name ‘high altitude zoo’ become its representation. The zoo is home to many wildlife species and famous birds.
If you are visiting Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo, Nainital then you should know few things that I have mentioned in the article below. Be sure to give a read.
How to reach
The nearest airport to Nainital is Jolly Grant airport. Nainital has excellent road connectivity with hotels and other major tourist attraction cities of Uttarakhand. Tallital bus station is the nearest bus station to Nainital. You can easily reach high altitude zoo from there by a taxi.
Guides are a very important part of the tour as they explain the fascinating history and other facts about the destination. You can hire the guides Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo itself who are available there at a variety of rates. You can also buy a tour package from reliable travel organizers. They will arrange a guide for you.
Best time to visit Pt. G.B. Pant zoo
As said earlier, Nainital is known for its climate which remains pleasant throughout the year. Thus you can visit this captivating destination during any month. Still, to clear confusion from your mind and to help you select the best, you can choose to visit Nainital from June to January.
Some important tips
- You will have to walk around the zoo to cover the distance. Therefore, wear shoes and clothes suitable for this requirement.
- You will have to pay an extra cost for using the camera and video camera inside the zoo. The cost of carrying a camera is Rs 25 and, the cost of taking the videocam is Rs 250.
- High Altitude Zoo is famous for its well-maintained and clean environment. Be sure to maintain its standards.
- There are bathroom and resting facilities available in the zoo. You can make use of them without any hesitation.
Nearby tourists attractions
I will repeat the fact that Nainital has many tourist attractions which attract tourists from all over the country towards this town. I have listed some destinations near the High altitude zoo which can visit.
- Naini Lake- This lake is a heaven for nature admirers
- John in the Wilderness- It is a beautiful church which offers a tranquil and religious environment.
- Naina Devi Temple- A famous temple for Hindu worshipers.
That is it for the list. Hope you liked it.
I would conclude by saying that Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo is a must visit site if you want to see a place which is different from the ordinary tourist destinations.